Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Your cat has cancer?

I look too healthy? I hope to get there soon...
The pestle and mortar with the mushroom supplement...
Huh? We now had a little tray? Its much easier that way Cousin R..


Dr L exclaimed. He looks too healthy:) Then he looked at the computer and asked many questions about Megat's health. Although we had to see the doc a little late as he had surgery, the whole consultation took no less than 10 minutes. Dr L kissed Megat on top of his head and whispered that he was a'good boy' :) Megat then had the usual low dose of vincristine, Vitamins B12 and metomide. Dr L then asked me about the suppositories. I told him that apart from my very nervous first try, the rest of them went quite ok. He laughed and told me that he thought I would complain about it :) but he gave me the liquid sang hwang also apart from another 10 suppositories. I am glad he also said that Megat's hydration is 'good,' not just 'quite good.' It does make a difference to the both of us I think.


Dr L also said that Megat will have the 8 injections of vincristine, after which he would get a 3 week break to recuperate. Today was his 6th vincristine injection as we are not doing any Endoxan. I think Megat would appreciate that for sure :)Then he told us we should see him again next week. However we found out that Dr L would not be about and so we made an appointment with Dr Sh. I think maybe it would only be for a blood test. But I made an appointment with Dr L for the Tuesday after that.

While we were waiting for our bill to be processed we met several very kind people who said nice things about Megat. We appreciated all of them as Megat was not really the best looking cat there :) One of the people told us that Megat is an old name for a Malay warrior and jokingly asked where his 'kris' was...It was very funny. She also asked about the names of the amigos and when we got to akira, she laughed and said it was her husband's name and she would tell her husband about the amigos :) Then she told us that her own cat was hurt by someone and he has a hole in his chest! She had taken her cat to a clinic and now was in the hospital to see Dr L. WOAH! I really don't know how anyone can do this to an animal!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

i am so very proud of you Megat :)

HRH Coco said...

Actually, "Quite good" is better than "good". :)