Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Milk Thistle

Milk Thistle liquid form
Thanks to anonymous who told me of the homeopathy meds for Megat. I went to read up on it and it seems that some people found this useful for their cat's liver functions. One owner even used this to help her cat deal with chemotherapy. One recommended that milk thistle is given 2 days on with 3 days off.
I had alreday started giving Megat Milk thistle but that was the pill form and I had to cut it up into several pieces. Then I had to ground each small piece into powder to put in his food. This one would be easier. I can give it to him from the dropper or put it in his food.

To be given to pet twice daily. One drop for every 2 lb (1 kg)
Please note that the product comes with an eye dropper to count out the drops. This dropper is marked at 0.5ML and 1ML. The 0.5ML line is equal to 10 drops.
Product can be given with food or directly in the mouth with eye dropper.
Product will last for 6 months. Please refrigerate after opening.
However the one that I had brought came from a different company as this company did not have any international services to Singapore. I got this from iherb.com, thanks to Fresh Fry. iherb.com works fast and I got this supplement in a space of 4 days. Not bad.
Letter to my cat
Dear megat
I hope you don't mind me trying all this on you. It seems like a long shot but I think all shots are better than none. It won't be bad tasting I think. No I have not tasted it yet but you have had to eat many things more foul tasting than this and you had taken it in your stride. I do not know if this will work but I promised that I will try anything at all. I know you would tell me if I should stop trying but for now I think we will just have to take this one step at a time.
Btw I told grandma that she could take this supplement too, for her liver. She said, "Then I will meow like a cat!" She can be funny, that grandma. Anyway we are going to the vet to see Dr FP. I hope she can help us.

2 comments:

suzanna said...

Dear Megat, Milk Thistle helped my 19 yr old cat (just like you, she's totally black) with her liver problems. I'm sure this herb will help you too. :)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are keeping all our paws crossed for you, Megat!